So a website with a link that says “now” goes to a page that tells you what this person is focused on at this point in their life. For short, we call it a “now page”.https://nownownow.com/about
My Focus at the moment
As a multipotentialite, my focus is often varied and highly adaptable. I am one of those multipotentialites that loves learning about new things up until they sort of feel “mastered” and then something new comes up that would complement on of the early on interests.
Most of my interests are either related to technology (my work), self improvement, nature or sustainability – but seeing how broad they are, having such a place can help a LOT in understanding which focuses my time is being used on:
- Technology – I am currently a Developer Apprentice which is a one-year program we have for someone to become a developer. It involves a lot of learning time and a whole set of new things, new habits, new daily routines, etc… At the moment, I am focusing on creating a new plugin to put into practice my WordPress development learning process. This also overlaps with some of the self-development interests, specifically when it comes to productivity or blogging
- Self-development and Remote Work– I am a sucker for productivity! I love learning how to be more effective, how to learn things faster and how to make sure that things I learn today endure. My current focus is to work on making notes that are as usable today as they’ll be in a couple of years from now. The approach I am following is the Linking Your Thinking method
- Nature – focusing on medicinal gardening, forest gardening and learning about permaculture.
- Sustainability – while highly connected to the nature area (obviously) it has to do with making sure my passage on this planet is not making more harm than good. It also encompasses all the things that make me and my energy usage be sustainable: so making sure than I am not working more than I should, that I have time for myself, that I am healthy and balanced, etc… When sustainability is compromised, balance is lost and hell gets lose.
- On this area I also include whichever crafts I am learning at the moment- as they have the end goal of decreasing consumption – if I can buy less or at least buy from brands that aren’t exploiting the planet or people that live on it, then it is helpful! Now, I am learning about Crochet