This isn’t an original post though – my friend Brezo over at brezo.blog posted this first – and since it was her idea anyway, it’s more than ok!
Long story short, the Garbage Post Challenge has an end goal of posting 100 posts in 30 days. Yes – that’s right! If you’re doing the math, it’s more than 3 posts a day in average. Considering that I don’t even have 100 posts on my blog total, this will definitely be a challenge for me!
There are many ideas behind this challenge, and you can find the full and best explanation on the creator’s blog / podcast here: https://www.simonegraceseol.com/podcast/garbage-post-challenge
For me personally, though, this will be a way to:
- Plan ahead (I’ll have some days offline, which means I’ll need to post ahead, schedule posts) or simply go crazy when I return
- Get used to posting with the Jetpack / WordPress app: I usually post using the web, as I am most of the time in front of my computer. However, with this challenge I’ll need to post from my phone often and I am super happy about it
- Write more and post faster: usually my posts take a loooong way to write, and they’re not usually small. I tend to think I need to explain all the things and write everything down and this will hopefully dismistify that
- Overcome my perfectionism: only I know how long it takes me to pick a Featured image for my posts and I am really curious on what I’ll decide to do regarding this – will I just post without images, will I just pick the first stock image I find in Pexels..? Who knows?
- Get a habit of setting time to write / plan / post
I am really looking forward to this one!
Would you like to join? We created an Habitica challenge to motivate us through – feel free to join us!