Let me start by saying: I love travelling !! Its a bug reason why I really liked the job I stayed the longest in: it allowed me to travel and provided consistent challenges! Back when I worked in Turkey we would stay there for 6 weeks and came back for 1 or 2 in between, depending on many things like visas and all. In Dublin, I used to go every monday and come back every friday (talk about long commutes)! In fact I travelled so much that at one point I couldnt face another airplane!
When I joinef Automattic I was pretty happy cause it had at least two annual trips and the rest of the time I could work from anywhere – it was a great balance!
However, this also comes with the longing to stay longer or travel to places around, which means taking my laptop when I do. Now, for the first time in years, I am not taking a laptop with me and that’s pretty awesome!
So back to packing: as you might imagine from someone who used to fly twice a week, I became pretty used to packing and travelling light! Back in the day we always had a luggage allowance, yet it made the process of leaving the airport longer, and every minute counted! So i got used to only travelling with whatever I could carry with me.
So here is my quick packing list:
- Something to sleep on
- Jeans + one coat + one sweater + hiking shoes – which I wear on the flight
- Shorts, skirt, leggings + intimates
- Silk tanks + one extra sweater + one tunic
- Dress in case an ocasion arises that asks for one
- Kindle + headphones + phone + chargers (i have one that charges them all)
- Bullet journal
- Birkenstocks and all stars sneakers, to wear depending on the weather
- Toiletries, which are mostly solid when I travel
- Medicine stuff (allergies, etc..) – this could warrant a larger post, as I usualky take first aid quick medicines just in case something comes up
And that’s basically it! If I travel alone, Ill likely take a couple other things with me, but that’s not the case this time around
Here is my list! What’s yours?