Pretty sure I mentioned this before, but I feel.that excitment tingling inside of a new project in the making , especially when its something that I am learning from scratch almost.
I signed up for the project based sewing courses on Sew Liberated, and the first two are pajama pants (with “optional” pockets and options for high or low waist) and pajama top which , depending on the fabric, will definitely be also a pretty cool day shirt.
As ive been continuing with my crochet project Ive binge watched loads of videos. Learned a ton!
This week arrived the remaining items and tools I needed to start, hence the excitement:
- Patterns arrived on the mail
- I have splurged on dedicated paper and fabric scissors (the good kind)
- I have pins and a metallic / iman holder
- A proper ruler for drawing patterns, doing adjustments, etc..
- Pattern paper so I can keep the patterns intact
- Sewing machine needles
- Plus, on the weekend, i had already purchased the fabric , matching thread and elastic
This means, I am officially ready to start. There’s a big bulk of sewing that takes part away from the sewing machine. So my first steps will be:
- Washing and prepping the fabric (yes – we need to do that, to account for possible shrinkage, etc…)
- Start drawing the pattern on my pattern paper
- Take my measurements properly
- Adjust the pattern to my body
- Cut all the pattern pieces
Its quite a process but I am definitely super excited!! I have some vacations coming up, so Ill need to defer this for when I come back, but thought Id share this in case anyone has some tips and tricks for a brand new beginner 🙂